Essential oils for hair
The hair is a reflection of our personality and our external appearance. They are also witnesses to our health and our current and past psychological state. Therefore they need adequate and regular care. Essential oils can help keep hair healthy or to restore their luster.
Essential oils can be used for hair care. They can promote the growth, strengthen, soothe an irritated scalp or even be dry hair or too fat.
Essential oils to accelerate hair growth
The hair usually grow to 0.8 1 cm per month. They are composed of two parts, the stem and root. The root contains the bulb which is nourished by the blood vessels. These provide the necessary nutrients. These are the nutrients that affect the production of melanin – responsible for hair color – and that of the keratin – to ensure strength of the hair. The permanent secretion of keratin does push outward.
To promote hair growth, many essential oils can be used. Generally, it is to make frictions essential oil diluted before each shampoo . Is allowed to act a Couple of minutes before washing with a mild shampoo .
- One can dilute 5 drops of essential oil of Bay St. Thomas. This oil, dosed at 0.5% maximum, is both toning and warming.
- The essential oil of peppermint is also beneficial. It promotes faster pushes stimulating blood circulation to the scalp. Bulbs and receive more nutrients and hair grow faster.
- The lemon essential oil strengthens the walls of blood vessels and thins the blood. It brings vitality and growth to the hair.
Caution : Essential oils should never be used neat directly on the hair. They must be diluted in a vegetable oil suitable for hair care.
Essential oils to strengthen hair
In addition to a varied and balanced diet, essential oils can invigorate the hair.
- 10 drops of essential oil of rosemary cineole, diluted in a neutral base can be applied. This preparation can be used on any hair length before massaging each strand to sheath the well. Is left on an hour away from a hot towel before washing with a mild shampoo.
- 10 drops of clary sage essential oil can be diluted in vegetable oil. Even if the hair is a fiber completely inanimate, it is the witness of our overall health.
The scalp can be irritated by pollution, poor diet, stress, fatigue. The use of certain essential oils helps to soothe.
- The essential oils of rosemary and lavender are particularly effective. It is enough to dilute a few drops in a shampoo, use spray or diluted in vegetable oil.
- The essential oil of geranium in Egypt is an excellent astringent for the skin, skin and lymphatic tonic. It also has antibacterial, antifungal and acts on cell regeneration. It can effectively soothe irritated scalp.
- Essential oils of lavender abrial, fine lavender and small grain bitter orange are also recommended. They have a relaxing and soothing effect.
Like other essential oils, they should not be used neat on the hair, but diluted in vegetable oil jojoba or avocado.
Essential oils for dry hair too
The hair may be dry when they lack fat and when the activity of the sebaceous glands is not effective enough. We must therefore balance these failures.
- For this, the essential oil of ylang-ylang is particularly effective. It has a regulatory effect on the secretion of sebum, while purifying. It is used diluted in a vegetable oil to sheathe each strand before washing with a mild shampoo.
- The essential oil of Katafray is also very effective.
Essential oils for oily hair too
Sebum is the oily film present over the length of the hair to provide suppleness and shine. Overproduction of sebum may be due to a hormonal imbalance, stress, poor diet, pollution, coloring, ultraviolet …
- To treat oily hair, you can use essential oils of bergamot, lemon, Atlas cedar, grapefruit, clary sage, laurel, at 2 or 3 drops in a shampoo nuts.
- The essential oil of butter also helps regulate sebum production and nourish the hair without leaving a greasy film.