Lemon essential oil
Warning: Due to the photosensitizing properties of lemon essential oil, it is not recommended before sun exposure. It is also advisable to dilute it in vegetable oil before application, especially in pregnant women and children under 12 months because it can be irritating.
Indications of the essential oil of lemon
- Skin application: Anxiety, anxiety, fatigue, bloating, chronic constipation, seasonal depression, circulatory problems, indigestion, nausea state, fatigue, boils, lack of confidence, oily skin, mood disorders, cellulitis, retention water.
- Airway (diffusion, inhalation, olfaction): Anxiety, anxiety, convalescence, epidemics, fatigue, gastroenteritis, bacterial and / or viral, lack of concentration, lack of energy, pessimism, mood disorder.
- Internal (oral, rectal, vaginal): gallstones and kidney stones, cellulitis, chronic constipation, gastroenteritis, water retention and heavy legs, varices
Tips for using the essential oil of lemon for health
Take 1 to 2 times per day over a period of about 7 days, until improvement.
Cardiovascular and circulatory benefits
- Blood circulation (cellulite, heavy legs, water retention, varicose veins, etc.): dilute 20% with a vegetable oil, massage ankles and up along the legs by the inner face.
- Gallstones and kidney stones: use internally, on the advice of a specialist.
- Chronic Constipation: in dermal application, diluted to 20% with a vegetable oil and massaging the abdomen. Internally, on the advice of a specialist, 1 to 2 drops in olive oil teaspoon 2 times daily for 7 days.
- Gastroenteritis: use broadcast to limit viral propagation. Internally, on the advice of a specialist, 1 to 2 drops in olive oil teaspoon 2 times daily for 7 days.
- Digestive problems (bloating, feeling of nausea, indigestion) in dermal application, dilute 4-5 drops in a teaspoon of vegetable oil and massage the abdomen. Internally, on the advice of a specialist, 1 to 2 drops in olive oil teaspoon 2 times daily for 7 days.
- Lazy gallbladder bile: the domestic route, on the advice of a specialist, 1 to 2 drops in olive oil teaspoon 2 times daily for 7 days.
- Convalescence: use olfaction and broadcast.
- Bacterial and viral infections: use in diffusion and inhalation.
- Bad smells: use broadcast in the part concerned.
Tips for using the essential oil of lemon to the psychological well-being
- Use broadcast and olfaction. Mix ten drops in a cork from a neutral base or milk powder to mix with your bath water.
- Fatigue, lack of concentration: Dilute 2 to 3 drops in a teaspoon of vegetable oil, applied on the solar plexus and massage.
Tips for using the essential oil of lemon for beauty
- Pimples (acne, boils, etc.): apply a trace on the button.
- Seborrhea (oily skin): dilute 1 to 2 drops in a cream, vegetable oil or a mask before applying to your skin.
The essential oil of lemon is a very effective antiseptic air. Lemon also has a circulatory and anti-cellulite action.
Thierry Folliard , naturopathic health educator, graduated in aromatherapy
Synergies with the essential oil of lemon
- With the essential oil of peppermint: dilute to 20% in dermal application against fatigue and burnout.
Precautions and cons-indications of the essential oil of lemon
The use of lemon essential oil is not recommended during the first three months of pregnancy and in children under 12 years. This oil has natural compounds that may present a risk of allergies in sensitive individuals (according to the Cosmetic Directive 2003/15 / EC): limonene, citral, linalol. Avoid if taking anticoagulants.