Rosemary essential oil
Warning: There are three different types of rosemary essential oil – according to their main components – whose properties vary. Thus, rosemary cineole is expectorant, rosemary verbenone is more effective for liver and digestive problems, camphor rosemary is more suited to neuromuscular disorders.
Indications of the essential oil of rosemary
- Skin application (bath, cold compress, massage): Rheumatism, arthritis, stress, slight wound, disorder of peripheral blood circulation, hair loss, dandruff
- Airway (diffusion, inhalation, olfaction): bronchitis, sinusitis, pulmonary cooling
- Internal (oral, rectal, vaginal) liver disorder, gastrointestinal disorder, chronic fatigue, infections of the ENT, digestive disorder, headache
Tips for using the essential oil of rosemary for health
- Minor wound: apply a warm compress soaked in essential solution containing about 10% oil of rosemary diluted in vegetable oil.
Cardiovascular and circulatory benefits
- Peripheral blood circulation: applying hot compresses soaked with a solution of 10% diluted rosemary essential oil in vegetable oil.
- Warts: in the bath, add 10 drops of essential oil of rosemary diluted liquid soap.
Benefits respiratory and ENT
- Bronchitis or pulmonary cooling: from 5 to 6 drops diluted in vegetable oil in unction on the thorax, 3 times daily.
- Pulmonary disease, sinusitis: inhalation, 2 to 3 drops in a bowl with hot water.
- Inflammation in the ENT: infusion, 3 to 4 drops infused in 150 ml of boiling water.
- Cough infusion, 3 to 4 drops infused in 150 ml of boiling water.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: brew 2 or 3 drops of 10 minutes in boiling water and drink 2 to 3 cups per day.
Muscle and joint benefits
- Rheumatism, arthritis: mix 2% of rosemary essential oil in alcohol and apply friction.
- Muscle aches: dilute in vegetable oil and rub.
- Liver stimulation: in seasonal course of 3 weeks every morning take two drops on a lump of sugar or a spoonful of honey.
- Headache: a few drops mixed with vegetable oil on a hot compress.
Tips for using the essential oil of rosemary to the psychological well-being
- Fatigue in the morning, add 10 drops diluted in bath liquid soap.
Directions for use of rosemary essential oil for beauty
- Hair loss, Dandruff: of 1 to 2 drops added to shampoo.
- Dull skin: from 1 to 2 drops added to the day cream.
Synergies with the essential oil of rosemary
- With lavender essential oil to fight against stress, particularly the exams.
- With essential oils of tropical basil, grapefruit and pepper mixed with the grape seed oil in body massage or foot bath, to help fight against memory loss.
- With essential oils of laurel, of wintergreen: essential oils diluted in vegetable oil macadamia and applied massage relief in case of sprain.
- With essential oil ravintsara, diluted in vegetable oil hazelnut and applied in massage, to fight against fatigue and relief in case of muscle fatigue.
- With essential oils of Tea Tree and ravintsara, it prevents influenza-like illness. Dilute the sweet almond oil and massage it on the back and on the chest.
Precautions and cons-indications of the essential oil of rosemary
Rosemary is against-indicated in young children, pregnant women and people with liver hypersensitivity to certain components, particularly verbenone. Dermocaustic the rosemary essential oil is not recommended undiluted oral consumption. Even diluted, it is also not recommended to take in large quantities (more than 10 drops per day), as it may cause irritation of the intestine or stomach. Similarly, people with sensitive skin may dermatitis. Interactions are possible with some drugs, mainly diuretics and anticoagulants.